Wednesday, October 19, 2005

So Much For Dreams

Well, now that I'm a married woman the dream job to end all dream jobs is more of a nightmare. On the road for over a week at a time... no, thanks. In my swinging single days I would have jumped on this, but now things have changed.

I gave myself an hour to mope about it, but now we're back to chugging along. Ever the optimist, and always one to try to read meaning into insignificant events, I am even strangely motivated by recent turn of events:

Turn the first -- there is another position open at the company I may be qualified for doing technical support. The person I spoke with on the phone forwarded my resume along, and the manager in charge of hiring for that position just called me up and I'm interviewing Friday at 10am.

Turn the second - I got an e-mail acknowledging receipt of my application for another one of my dream jobs. I had turned the app in quite some time ago, so I'm not sure if this is a good sign or not, but am taking it as such. (Especially considering I applied for ANOTHER dream job at the same place about a week or two earlier than this position, and have yet to receive acknowledgement on that one. That one wasn't as much of a dream as this one, though, so it's all good).

Someone please just hire me already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Army of Mom said...

I hate waiting for word on jobs that I want. As I've gotten older and more experienced, I've tended to get the ones I really want, but it is that waiting that kills me. Last big job I had, I was called by a former boss (whom I had worked for twice before) and he asked me to apply for the job. I assumed it was mine. Then, he calls me back and tells me he has to interview other people. Ack. I was in agony for a week or two wondering if I was going to get it or not. Turns out I'm just paranoid, but I digress. :) I hate waiting, too.

But, something good is waiting for YOU as much as you are waiting for it.

Did that make sense? It is really late and I'm waiting for my hubby to get home from work. :(

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home