Tuesday, December 21, 2004

A Call to Action

As mentioned before I have been troubled by Jonathan's abuse of Victoria on the Amazing Race, and based on searches of this website I am not the only one. Last week I put out a request for ideas of what we could do to help. Thanks to your postings, and to talking to friends and loved ones, here is what I am going to do to help the cause. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, but I do encourage you to do something. The longer the show continues the more the abuse becomes apparent to me and to those I talk to.

1. Donate to a domestic violence charity. Sweetie's already done it, and I'll be making my contribution after posting this. The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence would be a good place to go if you don't know of a local shelter or organization that could use your help. When you make your donation mention that it is in response to Jonathan and Victoria on Amazing Race 6. If we make enough donations our voices will be heard, and why might help these women's voices to be heard.

2. Write a letter to your local TV columnist. Here's a directory of daily newspapers in the United States.

3. Write an e-mail to a national TV columnist. I'm a big reader of slate.com, so plan on posting to their television and surfergirl messageboards. There are other sites out there as well. Feel free to share.

4. Send an e-mail to CBS.

The more places we spread the word, and the more each of these places see a similar opinion being expressed the more likely that someone will take notice and something will be done, if not to specifically help Victoria then to help use this opportunity to help other women.

Once I've written the letter to be sent everywhere I'll post that as well. I don't care what you do, but please do something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home