Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Minor Deities

The first minor deity in my life was Rodney, the Parking Fairy. He was introduced to me by my friend Kaphine and has been good to me over the years. When I lived in the city I took much more advantage of Rodney than I do now, but it still comes in handy sometimes to have him on my side.

Tonight I discovered another minor deity, the unpacking god. There is much cooking to be done between now and Christmas, and much of what I plan to cook is most expediently accomplished with a food processor. MOST of the food processor had already been unpacked. Unfortunately, the motor was still somewhere in a box in the dining room. I vowed to unpack boxes until I found the darn thing this evening. Thanks to a short prayer to the unpacking fairy and focusing only on boxes labeled "kitchen" I was able to find the food processor motor in less than 1/2 an hour.

Which means there will be hummus for all on Christmas Day.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

Now the Unpacking God needs a name. (Or we need his/her name to become known to us.) Hmmmmm.

5:42 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

"Hail Asphalta, full of grace, help me (us) find a parking place."

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home