Thursday, September 29, 2005

In Sicknes and In Health

When you exchange wedding vows with a teacher there needs to be an addendum to the whole "in sickness and in health" part, in which the teacher apologizes to the spouse for the fact that the spouse is going to be much more prone to said sickness for the first couple of years.

Sweetie has developed teacher immunity in which you can come at him with a nasty, ugly, gross flu and he'll just take a nap and be done with it all. I know, he brought a flu home for me last February, in which I suffered for a week, and he just had one day where he didn't feel so hot. Even though the doctor had told me that it was not a question of IF he'd get sick, but rather WHEN.

And now I've got this scratchy throat, achy joint thing going on. I know it's his fault, because his student teacher had it last week and he had it this weekend, and now it's all mine.

The good news is that someday I shall have spouse of teacher immunity, I'm just not looking forward to the meantime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess. said...

The same thing happened to me when Patrick started school. I was sick no less than 4 times between September and December his Kindergarten year. It's gotten much better the last year, though. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home