Tuesday, August 24, 2004

My Favorite Olympic Event

I have a new favorite Olympic event -- Steeplechase. It's inspired by this article.

Look at everything it's got going for it:
  • It's two events -- one for horses, one for humans
  • International intrigue
  • Possibility for injury if someone screws up and jumps a hurdle wrong
  • It's more interesting to watch than people just RUNNING
  • It was created by drunk college students

When I was a drunk college student my friends and I came up with a BUNCH of ideas. We haven't done too bad drunk and post-college. Heck, we even come up with some wacky stuff stone-cold sober. But we can't claim any of them as an olympic event.

Of course, I haven't seen the Steeplechase run that I can recall. And no Olympic stations broadcast on my television. Thank goodness the Sweetie is an Olympic junkie, I'm sure I can talk him into programming it into his TiVo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home