Sunday, October 17, 2004

Go Cards!

As a baseball fan, it's probably my blogger duty to post my thoughts about the playoffs. That and it's a slow news day, so here you go.

Here's how I wanted the championship series to play out:

American League:
Boston vs. Minnesota, with Boston winning.

You have to root for Boston because of the history. I hate the Yankees with a passion, so really wanted them out as soon as possible. Unfortunately, that's not to be. Looks like the Yankees will make it to the World Series, but I'd really like Boston to win this game (as of writing we are in the top of the 11th of game 4 with the score tied).

National League:
St. Louis vs. Houston, with St. Louis winning.

I was born in St. Louis, and to the extent that I cared about baseball in my youth I was a Cardinals fan, so this is an easy choice. Plus, I hate the Atlanta Braves. Maybe even more than I hate the Yankees. That's one part I despise Ted Turner, one part I detest the tomahawk chop, and a dash of my Dad is an Atlanta fan and I like to spar with him. I'm very glad that Atlanta and St. Louis are not facing each other now, as it would make my mother's life insufferable. 1996 we were all in St. Louis during the NLCS and my father was an insufferable fool in his cheering on of the Atlanta Braves.

So, at the end of the day, I want St. Louis to be World Series champions. Even if Boston somehow manages to pull out a championship series win. As a friend who lives in Cambridge, Mass. pointed out - there were riots in the streets of Boston when the Patriots won the Superbowl. If Boston actually won a world series it would be absolutely insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home