Sunday, October 03, 2004

Good Eats

Portlanders, take note. Recently I was watching the Travel Channel and they were doing a program on the World's Best Truck Stops. Jubitz Truck Stop in Portland was #5 on the list.

I've heard good things about the Jubitz Truck Stop before, but next time I'm in town I may need to check out the restaurant. Acoording to the show the executive chef is Horst Mager. As in the guy behind the Rheinlander, which is one of my favorite restaurants in Portland and has the best weiner schnitzel I've ever eaten.

I am intrigued to translate that cuisine to the chicken-fried steak huge portions I know of truck stop fare.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I'm dubious ... we stopped in once to try the food out. It looked and smelled exactly like a truck stop coffee shop. We looked at the menu and, other than higher prices, it looked exactly like a truck stop menu. Since Al is not a meat eater, there was very little for her to eat (actually, practically nothing). We went elsewhere.

I suppose the food might really be that good, but I'm not persuaded enough to make Al sit through a meal at a restaurant where she can't eat anything on the menu.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home