Wednesday, October 06, 2004

A New Career

I think I've discovered what my next career move should be: UPS Driver.

Some of my most satisfying professional relationships have been with my local UPS driver, or other package delivery driver. The RPS driver who serviced my first place of employment was such a stud that I ran into him once on the street in Portland (after I'd been away from the job, and Portland, for two years), and not only did he recognize me enough to give me a polite head nod, but was able to say, "Hey, Swankette, long time no see what have you been up to?" But UPS wins because I like the simplicity of their uniforms, and brown looks good on me.

It pays really darn good. At least that's what I've heard.

You get to drive a big truck. Driving a big truck is empowering. I drove a big (24 foot) truck from Portland to the Tri-Cities once. I was beaming with pride at my ability. Driving a big truck is FUN!

Sometimes you get to give people really cool packages that make them very happy and are a big surprise to them.

Today I got delivered to me the bonus CD that I got for pre-ordering Cake's CD early off their website (I should get the actual CD tomorrow). The bonus CD includes a really AWESOME cover of Strangers in the Night. I had completely forgotten that I even ordered this a month ago, so my UPS driver was the stud of the morning when he delivered my surprise package to me.

Thank you Mr. UPS Driver!



1 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Cake singing "Strangers in the Night"? I can't wait.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home