Sunday, January 30, 2005

Tie Game: Swankette 1, Aliens 1

Well, this weekend has proven that the aliens don't have COMPLETE control over me, but they're putting up a valiant fight.

The routine thus far has been to bring the gym bag to work so I can change at the end of the day and head straight to workout. Weekends I've been waking up and going straight to the gym, waiting to shower until I get home. Weeknight workouts have generally been half an hour and weekend workouts an hour.

Friday afternoon the boss came up to me at 4:00 and said I could start the weekend a little early. When the boss comes to you an hour and a half before quitting time and tells you to go home you leave. You do not stay at the office long enough to change into the gym clothes, because then she may change her mind and decide you need to stay that extra hour and a half. So I headed home, but before I could change into the gym clothes I sat down in the La-Z-Boy. It was so comfy and I was so sleepy. And I could workout in the morning, which originally I didn't think I could do. It's OK to take a night off.

But the aliens would have none of that. At 6:00 they got me up and out to the gym. Originally I was going to do an hour workout, since Sweetie wasn't going to be home until late and I wouldn't be able to work out over the weekend, but I negotiated with the aliens and did a half hour workout with the understanding that I would work out the next morning as well. Aliens: 1.

So the alarm is set for 7 am Saturday morning, to give me plenty of time to get down to the gym and workout before I need to be where I need to be for the day. But my body would have none of that, and reset the alarm to 8:45 so I could sleep in just a wee bit longer. Swankette: 1.

Today was a draw; being a debate weekend I got a free pass. Additionally, I got a wee bit of a workout taking the last of the boxes to Goodwill an assembling the new entertainment center.

We'll see how this week plays off to see who wins the battle. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home