Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Amazing Race 6: Episode 11

How many times do I need to remind people -- MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ENTIRE CLUE. A mis-read clue almost always equals certain elimination. And this week it was a double-tragedy, as not only did it mean elimination of Lori and Bolo (my second favorite team remaining), but it also meant that Adam and Rebecca (my least favorite team remaining) got to stay in the race.

This year the third-world train adventure wasn't on a train so crowded the women were guaranteed gropes by the locals. I know I requested a grope train at the beginning of the season, because I wanted to see Lori pile-drive a guy when he tried to grab at her fake boobs, but I think the experience would have killed Kendra who was already feeling ill from something she ate in Ethiopia, and I was feeling sympathy for her this evening.

So there is really only one unanswered question at the end of this episode - why, if you are afraid of heights, are you going to select the challenge that requires you to walk across a rope anchored across the top of two palm trees? Especially when you are not in last place, and the team that is in last place is SIGNIFICANTLY behind you, so taking the slower challenge would not eliminate you from the race.

My vote always goes to the team that understands they are on a once in a lifetime trip around the world and tries to appreciate the journey while simultaneously running the race. Which is why, now that both of our pre-season teams are eliminated, Sweetie and I can both whole-heartedly root for Kris and Jon for the remainder of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home