Monday, February 07, 2005

Take That, Aliens

Training session #2 with the trainer (aka the evil one) this evening. I mean that in the nicest way. He suggested it during the third set of reps on the shoulder exercises. The ones that almost killed me. Even at the lowest weight possible. Even with him helping me with the weight, so it was less than the lowest weight possible.

But it makes me know that I've made the right decision. Because it would be very easy for me to slip into bad habits, bad form and bad boredom. But he's mixing things up just enough. And helping me make sure I do things correctly. And not letting me be a lazy ass. He's worth his weight in gold.

Progress is already being made. There is a kick ass exercise he taught me for my abs. I just have to hold my body in a certain position for as long as possible. Wednesday I could hold for about 3 seconds. Today we did it twice. First time I made about 7 seconds. Second time I made about 12 seconds.

The downside is on the car ride home I could feel every muscle in my arms yelling at me as I went through the simple act of turning the steering wheel on the car. They'd had enough, thank you very much.

But I'll stick to the plan. Work out on the weights this week. Maybe check out a yoga class. And next week I'll subject myself to it all over again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I love that tired muscle feeling. Except in my legs. When I have to get up in the middle of the night to, well you know...then I wish I was a man and could stand up, because sitting down is too painful....

6:40 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Go you!

One of the things I do love about my on-again-off-again exercise habits is these early days of rapid improvement. I could to 10 pushups and then I could do 15! I could do 15 and then I could do 20! I could do 20 and now I can do... 22. Hmph.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

The goal for the week is 2 more reps on each of the ab exercises.

The thing that amazes me is when you're working with a trainer and have correct form how ass-kicking the most basic of exercises are. If I do all variety of crunches swank-style I can do them for ages. Do them trainer-style and they start kicking my butt after about 8. But the benefit of those 8 is about 1,000,000 times better than the benefit of countless swank-style crunches.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home