Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Amazing Race 7: Episode 6

Before we get to the show: My deepest apologies for the delay in this post, but I went to a Mariner’s game last night, and by the time we got home and watched the episode it was midnight and I was not interested in staying up longer to compose a post. Don’t look for next week’s post until the following weekend, because Sweetie will be out of town on his annual baseball trip and I don’t think I’m capable of watching an episode of The Amazing Race without my Sweetie either by my side or on the phone. And now it’s official, every blog post I make is about baseball.

So now to The Amazing Race. Which was for the most part an entirely forgettable episode. All the conflict involved missed or misinterpreted minutiae, which doesn’t make for exciting television. Thankfully, for the sake of my weekly update, there were lots of style points to be given for the week. Especially from the gay boys:

As they gay boys are milking a goat in a detour challenge: “I have a whole new appreciation for goat cheese now.” It takes a LONG time to milk a goat!

Which leads to the eternal question, “How many gay guys does it take to milk a goat?”

"Look, I layered!" Fearing they were in last place, and hoping it was a non-elimination leg one of the gay boys put on as many clothes as he could muster, since they would be left with only the clothes on their back.

Yet, the ultimate style prize goes to the brothers, who were ultimately eliminated. They took the opposite approach to the gay boys, and stripped down to swimsuits, sunglasses and fur-lined hats. (Quite a fashion statement if you didn't see it for yourselves). They dared Phil to not eliminate them and make them run the rest of the race in practically no clothes.

Yeah, that's really all the entertainment there was this episode. But there's always next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home