Friday, October 07, 2005

Cautious Optimism

So yesterday was interview #1 with a job I could actually see myself doing, that could lead to bigger and better things. I thought it went well, which is especially impressive when you take into consideration the type of interview: There was a list of about 10 questions that included such things as "give us an example of when you reached an important goal, and how you did it!" But they said they liked some of my answers. There was one crazy question that could have killed me, but when I commented that it was a really tough question the interviewer said, "Oh, I don't like that question. I had removed it earlier, but they put it back in." Not quite sure who "they" are, but whatever.

Anyhow, interview ends and we get to the point where the explain where we're going from here. There will be 2nd interviews, but they've really just gotten started with the first interviews, so it will be a week or so before I hear anything. I WILL HEAR, I just may be waiting.

Well, they had to e-mail me a job description, and I received that this morning with the following message:

Hi Swankette:
It was great meeting you yesterday.
I have attached a copy of the job description for your review.
We will be contacting you next week to set up a 2nd interview.

4 Comments:

Blogger tommyspoon said...

Yay! You go girl!

9:47 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

Congratulations and hurrah!

Please keep us posted.

(Oh, yes, and keep us posted on mazing Race - I love your analysis!)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Shannin said...

That bodes well, I would think...

We ask those types of "Tell us about a time..." questions. They help show the thought process. My fav question I had on a recent interview was, "What's the difference between waiting in line at the bank and waiting in line at the grocery store?" Never did find out what they were looking for...

12:03 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Woohoo! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed here in Ohio.

Seconded what Lemming said about Amazing Race, BTW. I basically read your blog these days instead of watching the show.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home