Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Unsolved Mysteries

Sad news, people. If you wanted to know how much money flowed through my bank account during my sophomore year of college, or if you were interested in seeing rent receipts from the apartment I lived in my final year at OSU (the one where Gary Payton lived), well, I'm sorry to say, but you'd have to go through the shredded remains that are out in the recycling bin to try to piece those things together.

It's a happy day in the House of Swank. The box of papers that needed to be filed, sorted and shredded that has followed me through... let's call it several moves has actually been unpacked. The filing is yet to be done, but the crap is out and the box itself is sitting in the foyer, filled with dishes and linens that have been displaced due to wedding gifts, ready to go to Goodwill.

Now all that's left is to wash sweaters so I can get all those put away (which wasn't feasible earlier, as the prime sweater-drying spot in the house was occupied by boxes), and sort through the two 1/2 boxes of cassette tapes. That project will wait until I am employed again -- thanks to Jack Bog's advice my options aren't just keep or toss, but I can actually save some of that music.

Ten months later and I'm almost completely unpacked!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I used to keep all of my papers - finally decided to cull it down to the current year for most things. They took up so much room and I rarely (read: never) looked at them.

I do need to do a major closet/dresser makeover. My mom will be here this weekend and maybe I can con her into a home version of "What Not to Wear" without the $5000 spending spree, sadly.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home