Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I AM SO MOTIVATED! NOT!

Today I spent half my work day at a "motivational seminar" at the local sports arena. It was supposed to be all day, but there was some pressing business that required me to be in the office this morning (that I won't actually be able to do until tomorrow, but that's another rant).

It was one of those events where they have lots of different famous people talk. On the agenda:
  • Rudy Guiliani* - former New York City Mayor
  • Goldi Hawn - actress
  • Dick Vitale - sportscaster
  • Matt Hasselback - Seattle Seahawks Quarterback
  • Zig Ziglar - famous motivational speaker
  • A bunch of other guys I'd never heard of.

I missed several of the speakers. I did get to see Rudy Guiliani speak, and he was a good speaker. I also got to see the old guy from the Apprentice speak. Also a good speaker.

The guy who puts on the seminars also tried to get me to convert to Christianity. Well, not in so many words, but I was invited to repent to god, pick up an inspirational CD and join a prayer group.

Later some guy tried to sell us his course on how to buy and sell real estate for a mere $99. I was told earlier in the day some guy was doing the same thing with an investment course.

The seminar should have been titled, "Motivation for Christian Republican Suckers trying to make something for nothing!"

At least I got an afternoon out of the office and the boss bought me lunch.

*When originally writing this post I first typed in everyone's name and then added their position after the fact (in case you didn't know who Dick Vitale is). Except I typed in "Seattle Seahawks Quarterback" next to Mayor Guiliani's name. Now THAT would be interesting!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home