Saturday, August 21, 2004

The Prologue to the Journey

The sweetie and I recently returned from 10 days in England. The college he went to offers a yearly study-abroad program at Exeter University. The group he went abroad with decided to do an ad hoc reunion. We spent four days in Exeter, two in Stratford, and four in London. The first six days were spent with our fellow Americans, and in England we stayed with a friend of the sweetie.

Seven of the original group were able to make it, and there were two significant-others along for the ride. (Interestingly enough, the other SOs name was Michelle as well). At first I was a bit apprehensive that I would be an outsider and bored to tears as they reminisced about their college days, but I figured that would be worth it for the first stamp in my passport. Rather, they were all incredibly friendly and welcoming of me. It was definitely all I could ask for and more.

I'm not going to blog about every inane detail of the trip, but rather those moments that seem particularly memorable or need to be shared. Just felt a little background was in order before we began with the fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home