Tuesday, October 19, 2004

CNN vs Comedy Central

Thanks to teacherrefpoet for directing me to a transcript of Jon Stewart on CNN's Crossfire.

It worries me that a lot of people including, apparently, the folks at Crossfire, don't realize that The Daily Show airs on COMEDY CENTRAL. It's a COMEDY program, people!

I do respect Jon Stewart even more now, because he understands that CNN and Comedy Central are two very different networks, and serve two very different purposes. It frightens me that people might be turning to The Daily Show for all of their political discourse, and making important decisions based on satire.

And, for what it's worth, I'm GLAD that Jon Stewart didn't stick it to Kerry. Part of what I like about important political figures appearing on The Daily Show is that Jon Stewart makes them human, asking them mundane questions, rather than the stuff they've got soundbites and spin all prepared for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home