Monday, September 27, 2004

Franz Ferdinand

As a result of Endfest I now have a new band I love, and I think you should go check them out, too. It's Franz Ferdinand.

They're four pretty boys who dress well and now how to strut on stage. They're from Scotland, so they have adorable accents.

As for the music, I'd say it's reminiscent of Adam and the Ants - think Vive Le Rock or Place in the Country. It's that combination of guitar and synth pop with that certain something to the vocals. Although there are moments when the harmonies remind me of The Mamas and the Papas.

And since you're probably having a difficult time trying to figure out what four boys who sound like a cross between Adam Ant and Cass Elliot sound like you should just go check out the CD.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home