Saturday, September 25, 2004

The beginning of The END

Today I'm reliving my twenties, going to Endfest, the local alterna-rock radio station's festival concert. Last time I've been to one of these was probably HORDE circa 1997. Nowadays the shows you're more likely to find me at are Aimee Mann at the Zoo or Elvis Costello at they symphony hall.

It's not that I've suddenly started listening to the music of today's youth, but look at the list of bands I will get to see: Psychedelic Furs, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, X, Echo and the Bunneymen, Violent Femmes, Presidents of the United States of America. They show is reliving my twenties as well.

The Doc Marten boots are at the ready. Although, unlike in my twenties, I'll be bringing an appropriate jacket in case it gets cold or starts to rain, and now that I'm a little more liquid, I won't have to spend my food budget for a month just to get something to eat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to HOARD in 1998, right after I met realsupergirl.

kaphine

10:16 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

My bad. I thought I went with you before I went with Matt. Please forgive me, meeting Ben Folds and getting his autograph always makes HOARD 1997 stick in my head just a little bit more.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home