Thursday, October 28, 2004

World Series

Having been a Cardinals fan all my life I'm sad they couldn't manage to win at least one game. Couldn't manage to at least hold the lead for 1 play in 1 game. But I'm glad the darn curse of Boston is over. Now the Cubs fans can whine even louder.

Last night was one of those nights where I didn't really care about ANYTHING, much less the final game of the World Series. I know that makes me a bad baseball fan, but I'll live. For a minute there it looked like they were going to give the MVP award to Johnny Damon (aka Grizzly Adams). I'm glad they didn't, because I don't want the ugliest man in baseball to be MVP.

As the playoffs were starting my friend kaphine, who lives in Cambridge, Mass., told me she didn't want the Red Sox to win the World Series because she was afraid of the riots that would ensue. She quickly caught the fever, however. I asked her about the celebrations that took place, and I loved her response so will share it here now:

I think part of Boston's problem is the high concentrations of undergraduates. There were so many people (guys) out driving and honking and yelling in the street last night that I swear the testosterone actually oozed from the street all the way to the windows of our fourth floor appartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home