Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Yum!

Today is one of my favorite days of the culinary year. When I walked into the local supermarket after work to pick up something for dinner satsuma oranges were on sale. YAY!

Satsumas are the world's perfect fruit. They're the perfect blend of sweet and sour. They're bite-sized. They're easy to peel. I'll likely be eating them breakfast lunch and dinner until they go out of season.

Satsuma season once coincided very closely with a new roommate moving in with me. She was dumbfounded when I brought the 5 lb. box of oranges home and was positively speechless when I told her I usually go through 2 boxes a year.

This food addiction is not unprecedented in my family. My mother is addicted to corn on the cob and green beans. From the time they come into season they are a feature item at virtually every dinner until the season comes to its painful end. Which means that if you're ever invited to dinner over at Mom's house in the height of summer you will likely be treated to both.

But that's enough typing. I've got oranges to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home