Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Amazing Race 6: Episode 1

As an obsessive fan of the show, I feel the need to blog about it. If you don't watch and you're interested in a play-by-play account of what happened you can go to the show's website. I shall simply share my thoughts.

The first team eliminated were Avi and Joe. My friend, Kaphine, who doesn't watch the show picked them to finish first. There were two things that kept me from selecting them. 1) One of them commented that he didn't want to have to eat non-kosher food. You cannot go into the race NOT wanting to do anything, you have to willingly accept any challenge that comes your way. 2) They said they often make snap decisions without thinking things through. That can be a big mistake in the race. Bye-bye boys.

That leaves the team I selected sitting in last place. I may have given Dad too much credit for being in the CIA, and not enough credit for carrying several extra pounds that slow him down on physical challenges.

Sweetie's team (the wrestlers) looks promising, but I haven't decided for sure about them. I do want them to make it into a third world country. Frequently in the race the teams will have to take a train ride in a third-world country in India or Southeast Asia. Invariably, the women get felt up on the train and it upsets some of them a LOT. I want this to happen to Lori, so she can body slam the guy. That would be must-see TV!

Every season there is a player I end up despising. They are mean, often abusive, grating, and I get as upset at their teammate for putting up with them as I do at the player for being such an ass. Usually the hatred doesn't arrive until we are several episodes into the program. It develops and builds as I watch their interaction with their partner and with others over time.

This season I selected my most-hated player from the first moment he spoke. He is easily my most hated player ever on this show. He practically admits to being an abusive husband, and his actions all back this up 110%. The most hated player of this season would be Jonathan. To the point where if he wins the race (God forbid) I may never be able to watch the show again. He and Victoria state they are going on the race to test their relationship, which always means instant disqualification from the "Will they win? Pre-race pool."

Stay tuned next week for another update. I have hope my teams can pull up in front of the grandparents and the friends that sit immediately in front of them, but only time will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Last year's abusive guy at least had trace elements of smarts--he and his abused girlfriend were usually in first place. (And I know that he said afterwards he was the victim of some selective editing...but NO WAY, no matter how much they edit, would me, you, or any man I know to be reading this look that bad. Impossible.)

Jonathan seems to have no redeeming qualities to back up his assholish confidence. And when he loses, he'll blame Victoria, who is really just watching him be self-destructive. I want them out. Now. I want to go back in time and trip them so they were actually eliminated in the FIRST show. Which would mean this response does not exist, as the entry would not exist. Hmmm. Cosmic, huh?

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I did say that I had rule Joe and Avi out because of the kosher food thing.

kaphine

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home