Thursday, November 11, 2004

Half-Life

I'm not quite sure why I was pondering this earlier this evening, but I think there needs to be an anniversary-like celebration when you've known a friend for over half of your life.

So, if you meet your friend Johnny on your 16th birthday, you two would celebrate your half-life celebration on your 32nd birthday. And now that I'm typing this I'm realizing that you would have to have 2 half-life celebrations (one for each of you) unless you shared a Birthday. And now that I'm typing THIS I'm realizing that we're right around the half-life celebration for my friend Morgan and I. Well, the second of our half-lives.

Friends come and go, but if you've known someone for half of your life there is a really good chance that they're with you for the long haul regardless of what else may happen. The proof of that is my friend Heidi, who is about as diametrically opposed to me as two people can be, yet we remain friends to the end. Even in high school (after we had passed the half-life mark) we were vastly different from each other. When others would comment we would simply state we didn't know any better than to be friends.

So, a belated happy half-life to those I haven't celebrated with, and to those with whom my half-life has yet to happen we'll need to plan something fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure when to count from with you. We should have at least known each other's existance in 90-91, but didn't really overlap until Fall 92--my first Fall conference. At least I think that's when it was. So, I was 21 then??? I guess we have at least another nine years to go, then. Well, look out 2013!!!!

kaphine

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home