Thursday, January 13, 2005

Beating the Dead Horse

Today over on Slate.com Surfergirl commented on The Amazing Race 6 and what an abusive asshole Jonathan is. She doesn't say anything that hasn't been said before, but she does link to a USA Today article that I find interesting, if only for the fact that the producer comments that Jonathan "is actually a nice guy."

Nope, sorry, don't buy it. And if you want me to buy it then perhaps you need to have a word with your editors because they sure aren't showing us anything nice about the guy. And even with as much footage as they shoot I find it hard to believe that he's an angel every other moment of the race, but they just chose the asshole clips. And if that IS what the editors are doing, then perhaps you need to talk to them about the problems of abuse, and the message this is sending to assholes around the world.

Really, the more I think about this the more I get mad at CBS.

1 Comments:

Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Even when Jonathan gave candy to the impoverished kids in Senegal, he looked like an asshole. How is this possible?

I still need more information before I indict CBS on this.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home