Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Horror!

I hope I don't have to sacrifice being a card-carrying member of Generation X, but Douglas Coupland's newest book has been on sale for over 24 hours and I have yet to purchase a copy. I shall ameliorate that this evening, but I am particularly ashamed, because last night would have been the perfect night to curl up with it.

The good news is that I have not missed the local reading and it is at a time and place that I can reasonably attend.

Last time I saw him read and got his autograph he strongly recommended I check out the television show Law and Order. That was at least a year and a half ago, and I still haven't seen the show once. Now I feel I must fire up the TiVo, because if I haven't seen at least one episode before the next reading I will feel guilty -- even though he will have no recollection of who I am. When your favorite author recommends a television program to you it would be remiss to not check it out.

Stay tuned for a book review, probably sooner rather than later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Re: Law & Order

As a long-time fan of the show, I suggest you don't bother with the current season's episodes. The show has gone downhill after the departure of Jerry Orbach - he, along with Sam Waterston, was the heart and soul of the show. It hasn't been the same since he died.

Watch one of the innumerable reruns on TNT instead. I think they run an episode just about every weeknight. Make sure to get the original show and not one of the spinoffs - "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (abysmal) or "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (mediocre).

4:15 PM  
Blogger kaphine said...

I agree entirely, except about SVU being mediocre. I'd still skip it, though, because it's just too tramatizing.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

I've got an episode of the original series set to tape off TNT sometime in the next few days (don't recall what day it was taping, just made sure it was the original series with Orbach and Watterson and made sure it was at a friendly time to other shows we tape).

I'll let y'all know what I think once I've seen it.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home