Monday, January 03, 2005

Drop and Give Me 20

I joined a gym today. It's not a New Year's Resolution type thing -- it's been on the to do list for quite some time. It's simply that I am settled enough in the new place that I was finally able to do the research and get this done.

I've had varying levels of success with the gym in the past. This time I'm investing in a personal trainer. Less to tell me what/how to do (one session and I'll be good there), but more to be a neutral third party to be accountable to. Those lazy days I'm sitting on my ass watching TV instead of going to the gym I'll think of the cash I'm shelling out, and what I'm going to tell the trainer at our next meeting.

As an added bonus, the club I joined has two racquetball courts. I used to LOVE playing racquetball, so hopefully I'll get back into that as well.

I've got two other motivations to keep me going this time as well: 1. I'm getting married in July. 2. Sweetie has told me when I reach my goal he will buy me shoes - and he didn't set a price limit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

he will buy me shoes - and he didn't set a price limitOh TeacherRefPoet ... what have you done?! No limit? Oh, the humanity!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Swankette said...

After reading the post he did comment that the money would be a joint account soon enough, but I've dropped $200 on a pair of shoes before and MAN DO I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

According to the Guinness Book of World Records page, the most expensive shoes in history are as follows:

"For his self-coronation on December 4, 1977, Emperor Bokassa of the Central African Empire (now Republic) commissioned pearl-studded shoes from the House of Berluti, Paris, France, costing a record US$85,000."

However, this record seems out of date. Designer Stuart Weitzman put a pair of shoes on sale in Harrods this past April (too late for your birthday, honey) for a million pounds. It's covered with rubies...inspired by the Wizard of Oz. Alas, efforts to find a picture of these shoes are proving fruitless.

I hope my honey doesn't make me buy those.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Umm ... Al wants to know if there were any limits set on where the aforesaid shoe shopping will happen?


I hear they sell some nice shoes in Milan. ;-)

11:30 PM  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Travel is not included in the shoe offer. But if the Milan shoes are on the internet, I'll buy them. (Shipping, I guess, is included.)

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home