Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Bitch = Pizza

Don't tell my co-workers this, because I need to keep the mystery alive there (and they probably wouldn't believe you), but today was one of those days that affirmed that I am in the right profession.

1) Most employers try to dissuade you from being a bitch. Mine occasionally encourages it. Today my bitchiness earned the whole office pizza for lunch from a vendor we work with who knew he needed to smooth things over with us because I reached ultra-bitch status today. (Justifiably so, I might add)

2) The job epitomizes work hard, play hard. Which I've discussed before in a different incarnation. But how cool is this: I leave for work this morning knowing I'm going to be buried under crap all day. I'm buried so deep under the crap that I don't bother to take a lunch - what, with the pizza being brought to me and all. I'm going a million miles an hour all day long. But then 40 minutes before it's time to call it a day I'm DONE! Nothing more to do for the time being. There will be more tomorrow. In fact it will be another buried in crap sort of day, but for that 40 minutes tonight I was just DONE! And that's a moment when you truly feel you've accomplished something that day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I'd be jealous if I didn't know how much karmic shit you had to wade through before you ended up where you are.

The real question is ... was the pizza the good stuff? Or did they wuss out and get that crap from Little Caesars? ;-)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home