Saturday, March 05, 2005

Open 24-ish Hours

This morning found me awake at an hour that people should not have to be awake on a Saturday morning. After about 5-6 hours of sleep. With a 1/2 hour drive in front of me and a 12 hour day with high school students on the other end of the drive. In other words, I was in desparate need of a Diet Coke.

Normally for Diet Coke needs such as this I will stop at the 7-11 that's about a mile up the road from the condo. It's on the way to the freeway and is on the side of the street that offers very easy access in and out.

However, all things being equal 7-11 is not my first choice location for fulfilling my Diet Coke needs. I much prefer the fountain Diet Coke to be found at AM/PM to that found at 7-11. Yes, it does taste different. I think it must be the mix between the syrup and the soda, because I'm quite confident in a blind taste test I could tell the difference between a Diet Coke from the two establishments.

There is an AM/PM between the condo and the freeway - on the wrong side of the street and in a location where traffic can be a major issue. But I had enough time available this morning, and it was too damn early in the morning for traffic to be an issue, so I decided to go for broke and get my Diet Coke from the AM/PM. Except the front door was locked and they were shut down. You can't bill yourself as a convenience store if you're not open at 7 am on a Saturday morning.

But in the end they all lived happily ever after - I discovered an AM/PM the next exit up on the freeway so was still able to get the Diet Coke fix this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home