Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sideways

Sweetie and I went to see Sideways Friday night. Yeah, we're a little slow at making it out to movies. Winter does that to our schedules.

Sales of Pinot Noir have increased dramatically since the release of the movie. If anything, the movie made me a more steadfast beer snob.

First, these people are not living the happiest of lives. I don't want to emulate them.

Second, as beautiful as the main character and his love interest's descriptions are of Pinot Noir, that part of the film was a little too reminscent of college days I'm not necessarily interested in revisiting. Being at the party, talking to the boy, having these DEEP conversations about the meaning of life that you can only have if you're a bit tipsy or moreso. And then that moment - will we kiss, or will the moment pass? GAH! Give me a microbrew and my sweetie any day of the week.

That said, I thought it was a wonderful movie. You know it's a good movie when you're COMPELLED to talk about it. During dinner afterwards Sweetie and I kept drifting away to other topics, but then would keep coming back to the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home