Saturday, May 28, 2005

The Importance of Good Mental Health

Sweetie and I went to see the new Star Wars last night. So if you haven't seen it yet and want to you may want to bookmark this entry for later, but there are three things I feel I must comment on:

1) R2D2 got all kick-ass in this movie. He can jump. He may be able to do flips and stuff. He's got a secret stash of weapons under his dome. Why have we never seen this before or since? I've got major issues with this. I don't know why I've got issues with this and none of the other continuity issues, but I do.

2) Through all the movies the women are the most consistent, strong-willed people of the group. Padme may not have always been functioning with all the facts available, but once she got the info she stood her ground on the right side of the issue. Leia totally should have been the Jedi in the originals, if for no other reason than she was much less whiny than Luke.

3) Now that I've seen them all I've decided that put together all the movies are just a 12+ hour long commercial for the power of therapy. If Annakin had sought therapy in any one of a number of instances in his life prior to turning dark he could have worked through his issues and not have HAD to become Darth Vader. A little bit of anger management therapy and he could have been a star on the Jedi Council. A little pre-marital counseling and he might have realized that it would have been better for him and Padme to wait. Yoda and Mace Windu TRIED to counsel the kid, but he just wouldn't listen. Even to the end - Mace said stay here and we'll deal with your shit later. But does he wait there? Oh no, he doesn't.

Beginning to make me wonder if I need to go seek some therapy - wouldn't want to go turning to the dark side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I always thought it was weird that if Leia was Luke's sister, why she didn't have the same Jedi powers. Sometimes I wish Lucas would go back and re-do the second half of the story.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home