Monday, May 23, 2005

The Anti-Puck Bunny

I am currently the #7 hit on google for "Girls who love the Portland Winterhawks."

For the record:

Although I do attribute my hockey fan-dom to a case of high school lust gone horribly awry, I never was a puck bunny. While at games I was there to watch the game. You couldn't tell Troy Mick was dreamy while he was in his hockey uniform, so the lusting was contained to school hours only.

Now when he became assistant coach of the Portland Winterhawks, well that was a different story. Although he was married with kids by then.

And although it could seem a lovely bit of karma that he moved from Portland to the Tri-Cities about the same time I did, well that's really a bundle of trouble waiting to happen. Because it's only natural that the two minor league sports franchises in a town (that play totally opposite seasons) support each other. And once your boss finds out about your childhood love of Troy Mick, well then it's not too long until the folks at the hockey club find out about that. And let's just say there are all sort of shades of pink I can turn that I didn't even realize before those days.

So yes, I love the Portland Winterhawks, but I am severly anti puck-bunny, and encourage everyone else to be as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home