Monday, May 23, 2005

Huh?

OK, I'll give into peer pressure Alison:

List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can't really understand the fuss over.

1) Internet Poker. I know several people who play internet poker all day every day. It's just sitting there running on their computer while they work. Often for fake money. TV poker is bad enough. NO MORE POKER!!!!!!!!!

2) TV about tricked out cars. Overhaulin'. Monster Garage. Pimp My Ride. I know there are more, but these are the only names I know and they're enough. I don't understand people who ant to trick out a car to this extreme, and I don't understand the allure of watching the process.

3) Carb-Free Food. South Beach, Atkins et al are bad enough, but to go into a normal supermarket anymore there seem to be AISLES dedicated to carb-reduced salad dressings and pasta sauces and carb-free carbs. I prefer my food real, thank you very much.

4) Sex and the City. OK, I realize I'm late on this one, but without HBO I didn't have access until recently. Yeah, it's vaguely amusing, but now that I've seen it I understand even less why it held such a draw for so long. (And this begins to explain why I haven't done this meme yet, as I'm having to reach this far to come up with answers)

5) I-Pods. OK, this one is another bit of a stretch, because I get them now, but I didn't until a few weeks ago. No one ever told me that you could actually upload your CD's onto your computer and then download them onto your I-Pod, so now I can kind of see the allure. But now it poses the question of what sort of time and hard drive space do you have to have to being such a task? I think I'd go insane before I had scratched the surface uploading the collection, and then to categorize and cull and upload and download. I'll just deal with the CD's themselves thank you very much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Oh my god I had completely forgotten about Sex and the City. I totally don't get it. My friend Ann was hooked and kept telling me how I needed to see it. I have now watched two episodes and come to the conclusion that these are simply not people I have ever known. They are as foreign to me as I imagine I must be to someone from the 17th century.

7:50 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

I'd echo Alison. ipod s lost on me though I d love my itunes feature (presentky addicted to The Weavers.)

11:46 AM  
Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

-Sex and the City-:

There was a time when I constantly sat around and talked about sex all the time in a vapid, stupid, silly way.

That time was junior high.

The whole cast of -Sex and the City- needed to freakin' grow up. Hated the show.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home