Sunday, July 17, 2005

Lamenting LeMond

I know he only has one testicle, so that makes him a stud. I know he's dating Sheryl Crow, so that makes him a stud. I know everyone and their brother wears a piece of yellow rubber around their wrist to raise money for his charity, so that makes him a stud. I know he's about to win his seventh Tour de France, so that makes him a stud. But I really cannot get into Lance Armstrong.

Back in the 1980's I dug bike racing. I'd follow the Tour de France on ABC's Wide World of Sports and follow Greg LeMond's quest for the yellow jersey. I used to get really into it, with dreams of me racing in the Tour someday. HE was a stud. But now I've COMPLETELY lost interest in the race. I hope some other guy wins it, just so we can stop hearing about Lance. Really, enough already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home