Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wig Wednesdays

In a show of solidarity for a co-worker who's going through chemo right now, the office has instituted "Wig Wednesdays" - in which everyone in the office is asked to wear a wig.

I went to the party shop last night to pick out a little something. Decided to go blonde, because a wig is the only way I'll get to try out blonde hair.

Lesson #1: The picture on the outside of the package does not necessarily resemble the product inside. The photo was a cute little flip a la Mary Tyler Moore. The product inside was much more Ellie Mae from the Beverly Hillbillies.

Lesson #2: Swankette is not a blonde. There's too much pink in my skin, and it just looks wrong. One of the co-workers said she thought if my eyebrows weren't dark brown it wouldn't look that bad. She was wrong.

I'm glad that I don't have to wear a wig every day of the week. Couldn't even manage to keep it on all day. Headphones and wigs just don't mix.

The co-worker who doesn't have a choice has two different wigs right now, may get more. One of the wigs is "perky" and the other one is "feisty." They're like a very visible mood ring - oh no, she's wearing the bitch wig today! Look out! It TOTALLY SUCKS that she's going through this, so we've all got to try to put a bright face on it somehow.

There was also a cleopatra wig that caught my eye at the party shop last night. May go pick it up for next Wednesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger kaphine said...

My wig would be the hot pink one. I've always wanted an excuse to have one.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home