Wednesday, November 16, 2005

18 Hours and Counting

As of 7:30 am tomorrow morning I will, once again, be a working woman and I AM SO READY!!!

I need stress and deadlines to motivate me. For the past two weeks I've had nothing but time spreading ahead of me. I've gotten some productive stuff done in that time - car was in for service yesterday, got some needed gifts bought and some work done around the house - but if I'd used my time wisely I could have done so much more. With it being two weeks I didn't even feel I really had time to get involved with volunteer work or anything like that.

It's kind of odd to be starting work on a Thursday, but I'm thinking it will work out really well. Tomorrow is orientation and Friday is training. Next week is a three day week, so it gives me some time to ease myself back into a full work week.

The schedule will start out being 7:30 to 4:00. The morning I had an 8 am interview I was able to wake up right around the time Sweetie was leaving the house and get their around 7:30, so that will put Sweetie and I in a more closely matching schedule than when I was doing the 8:30 - 5:30 thing. I already have a routine worked out in my head - on my way home from work I'll make a loop stopping at the grocery store, then at the gym, and should still be able to make it home by 6:00 or shortly thereafter, which means I might actually have some time in the evenings to do stuff after dinner. We'll see how it plays out.

Next week will be insanity, so I know I'll get lots of stuff done. Monday I need to cook down the pumpkin, Tuesday we're having a games night with Sweetie's family since his little sister will be in town, and Wednesday I'll be baking my heart out awaiting picking up Kaphine and Realsupergirl at the airport at midnight so that the four of us can road-trip it to Portland Thanksgiving morning. Unless, of course, they never send me their travel itinerary. I'm not going to stalk them at the airport like I did in preparation for the wedding. (HINT, HINT, HINT!)

Oh, so exciting to enter the real world once again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

I love working an early shift. I do a 7 - 3:30 which is great, especially in the summer when it's light so much later.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home