Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In Favor of Public Transportation

So, tonight Sweetie was going to help me deliver my car to the body shop, so that they could do their work tomorrow. Sweetie would carpool to work, and I'd use his car.

Except on his way home from a reffing assignment, his seatbelt broke. Combined with some other stuff that requires a trip to the shop for his car, that was going to wait until my car was all better, and that idea doesn't work so well anymore.

My damage is trim work and a bit of weatherstripping. In other words, it would be nice to have done now, but the world won't end if it waits a day. His is a bum seatbelt, and potential electrical problems. He had similar electrical problems a month or so ago, and they could not return the car to us after diagnosis because the problem was such that it could short out at any moment and cause the car to catch on fire.

So now I've got myself set up with a rental car to fix my car problems, and we'll take advantage of his carpooling to get his car issues taken care of.

We just have to pray that his car problems get done before this weekend, or we may be forced to take my car to Portland. And the new stereo probably won't make it to me until Monday, and then needs to be installed.

THIS is why I want to live in the city, where I can walk or take the bus everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home