Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Resolutions

I have me a Resolution for the impending New Year. Last time I had a resolution was 2000, when I resolved to not get into a car accident (accidents resulting from idiots running red lights in both 1998 and 1999 prompted that one). Last time I had a real resolution was perhaps in a past life.

This year my resolution is to not waste food. Meaning, when I buy things like fresh vegetables I should actually use them, rather than allowing them to accumulate and disintegrate in the fridge, thereby being forced to throw them out.

I've started implementing the resolution already, and so far it's been quite a culinary adventure.

I had roasted a couple of red peppers end of last week for a recipie I wasn't then able to prepare, so last night we had Roasted Red Pepper Salad with Bacon Dressing and Pine Nuts for dinner. It had the added bonus of allowing me to use the last of the pine nuts left over from the hummus I made on Friday.

I bought a loaf of really good bread to go along with last night's dinner, so tonight we had Beef Stew with Stout to give an excuse to eat some more of that bread.

Tomorrow night we're going to a party, but Thursday's dinner will feature some or all of the following: Potatoes (if they aren't already rotten), bread, parmesan cheese, italian parsley, beef stock, mixed green salad.

1 Comments:

Blogger lemming said...

Fantastic resolution - I may have to borrow it if I can't think of another.

(Every year I resolve to be more moderate in my chocolate intake... but what is moderation, really!)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home