Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

For my birthday this year my parents gave me a subscription to Gourmet magazine. I'm very excited about this, and have already earmarked recipies that must be tried.

When I told Sweetie of the gift his response was, "It's a present for me, too!"

Specifically, here are the presents Sweetie will be receiving from this month's magazine:

Calamari Salad
Green Goddess Green Beans
Roast Chicken and Asparagus with Tahini Sauce
Sugar Snap Peas and Pasta
Artichockes Braised with Garlic and Thyme
Sweet and Sour Chicken Thighs with Carrots
Sole-Wrapped Asparagus with Tangerine Beurre Blanc
Salad with Papaya Dressing

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

If you like Gourmet I bet you'd looooove Food Illustrated... it's like Consumer Reports for food. Not only do you find a good recipe and technique tips, but they go through the recipe construction process and talk about all the variants which didn't work.

(Which is very useful, considering we have a catchall cuisine category called Mistake a la Joe....)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

<rumble>

Pardon my stomach grumbling. ;-)

9:10 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

To think that I had PBJ and diet coke for lunch, too.

Pleae let us know how the dishes come out. You and Overgrown Garden could transform the rest of us into foodies!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home