Friday, April 29, 2005

TGIF

The industry in which I work is fixated on the last day of the month. And it is always referred to as that, "the last day of the month." Sort of like, "that time of the month."

So today is the last day of the month. In terms of quantity, piece of cake. However, in terms of quality it's going to be a sink or swim sort of day. As in, everything will just be done with no effort from me and I won't even realize it's "the last day of the month," or step away from the Swankette, she's ready for blood. The Hulk may be summoned.

When I was working through the faxes that were already here when I arrived at work this morning I feared it would be the bad sort of day. I put in phone calls, I started preparing, I was summoning forth all the anger that was inside.

And then, just for fun, I went to a website that had not been giving me the information I wanted to see for the past week. And today, it gave me the magical information. And that easily, it became an easy sort of day and nothing could go wrong.

That's the best sort of day in the world (at least work-wise).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home