Thursday, May 05, 2005

On Aging

Today I learned that my trainer's first time hearing the band Queen was when watching the movie "Wayne's World."

It's moments like this that really make me feel my age and some. We're both professional adults who live in condos with significant others. Someone that similar to me cannot be that much younger than me.

People born the year my brother graduated high school are now old enough to smoke. Wait, I mis-typed.

People who were born the year my brother was SUPPOSED to graduate high school are now old enough to smoke. Two years until I hit that magic mark.

Probably should add some Geritol to the registry.

1 Comments:

Blogger pankleb said...

In 1996, my senior year of college, a freshman told me she didn't know what Wham! was, but she had heard of George Michael. At the gym a few months ago, I had to educate my trainer about Adam Ant ("Goody Two Shoes" was playing overhead), including the story of my friend who saw Mr. Ant play "Goody Two Shoes" THREE times in one concert. All musicians should be so aware of what the fans are paying for ...

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home