Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Cat Is in The Doghouse

I am very upset at the cat right now. I've told him I'm upset with him, have been giving him the cold shoulder, and he is reading this entry as I type, so he'll really know I mean business.

This morning I awoke to the not-so-glorious site of cat puke on the dining room table. Now, I COULD take the approach that this was a fortunate incident, as the table is currently swathed in a vinyl tablecloth which made clean-up ever so easy.

But I am not taking that approach.

The rules of the cat do not allow him on food-bearing surfaces such as tables and countertops. He is more than welcome on people-bearing surfaces such as the couch, chairs, and bed. I don't even have a problem with him on neutral surfaces such as dressers and desks, as he's always been fairly dainty about not disturbing things. Hell, I couldn't even manage to get mad at him the year he found refuge in the top of our Christmas tree (Not a single antique ornament was out of place). But tables and countertops, NOT ALLOWED!

I'm fairly confident the countertop is out of his reach at the moment. He's starting to show his age (11 years) a wee bit, and I notice he prefers to be lifted onto the couch rather than make the jump, and will daintily clamber down rather than leap off. So I think he's past his jumping and climbing prime and can't make it that high. But, unless we get rid of the chairs, the table is still in his grasp. And he's not allowed up there.

YOU READING THIS, SAMSON? STAY OF THE DAMN TABLE!!!!!

He's leaving his perch right now, I believe in public shame. Hopefully this means we won't have a repeat of this morning's performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home