Thursday, November 17, 2005

14 years, 364 days to go

I've successfully completed my first day of "work." I say "work" because most of my day consisted of being introduced to people whose names I wouldn't remember if you paid me and learning where all the important places are - Starbucks, Walgreens, Ivars, place that sells good fish tacos...

In meeting all the random people and learning lots of things, it was discovered that 15 years seems to be the shelf-life at my agency, so the clock has now started ticking.

I did a few random clerical things today, and wrote some bad headlines for the newspaper we publish, one of which I believe is going to be used in the upcoming paper. I kept being asked what questions I've got, because apparently "What's my job?" isn't enough.

I also learned that there are more ways than I ever could have imagined to mis-pronounce my new last name, and I think I heard all of them today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck for you for your remaining 14 years....!
I'm still waiting to see if I got the job I had an interview for, I find out in 9 days 7 hours and six coffee's.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home