Monday, January 02, 2006

Home

Today, while at Whole Foods, I was checking out with one of my B/C list checkers*, and as he started scanning my items he greeted me with, "It's so nice to see a familiar face." Made me get all warm and fuzzy inside and feel like I've actually put some roots down in Seattle.

* A list checkers are my preferred checkers, that I have psuedo-relationships with, and carry an ongoing conversation with through frequent trips through their line. There are two of them.

B list checkers are those I'll go to if the A listers aren't there, or their lines are too long, and we've got face recognition, but no real relationship (or, in the case of one, her English isn't strong enough to have the insta-conversation while my 5 items are being scanned).

C list checkers are those I recognize, but don't have face recognition with (or, in the case of one guy, don't WANT face recognition with).

D list checkers are those I've never seen before and couldn't pick out of a line-up if I had to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home