Thursday, December 29, 2005

Spam Spam Spam Spam

I have yet to officially confirm my theory, but it appears that my place of employment will flag (but not delete) a message as spam if the first word in the message is slang.

Twice in the past two days messages have been tagged as spam that:
  • Are from people who have e-mailed me before (Sweetie and a vendor I'm working with)
  • May have been responses to an e-mail I had previously sent them (at least one was), and
  • Began with a slang word -- "baby" in one case and "groovy" in the other.
Apparently, there shall only be proper language used in the workplace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I've noticed that the spam filter we run is hyper-sensitive to very short messages. I don't know that there's anything to do about that, but there it is.

(Well, I can talk to the server admin about getting the messages marked as not spam. You might want to wait a couple of weeks to feel that one out. New job and all. But if it's tagging vendor messages...)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Shannin said...

Baby is slang? I at least hope that one was from Sweetie and not the vendor...

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home