Thursday, December 29, 2005

Thank Goodness It's Not Catching

This evening we were at a party that featured a 7-month old baby, two one-month old babies, and a couple currently going through IVF. I felt like I should have a nametag that read,

"Hello, we're not currently pregnant, and aren't having kids in the immediate future. In our condo we would have to store the infant on a bookshelf, and from what I hear about pregnant ladies' bladders we REALLY need to be in a place with two bathrooms before I get knocked up. Nope, house first, baby later, but thanks for asking."

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

People ask us all the time about having kids. When we say that we have two dogs, some can get really personal - do you want kids, cannot you not get pregnant. I really don't want to say I'm missing a maternal gene...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I know what you mean Shannin. It's really enough to make me angry sometimes when people get pushy when we say we don't have or want kids."It's different when they're yours," they say and then get a smug little knowing smile as if they're talking to a child, "You'll see." Bullshit. What part of "we don't want to have kids" don't people understand?

OK. I've vented. I feel much better now. Must have been that hit of soma the nice man from the government gave me.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

You could always go with "thanks, but I already ate... well, maybe just an infant, if you've got cocktail sauce..."

1:41 PM  
Blogger Bud said...

I am too immature to have children- but at least I am mature enough to know I am immature.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home