Monday, September 13, 2004

KenJen rant of the day

The comments to yesterday's post about evil incarnate have really had me obsessing about him today.

I think I've finally cracked the shell! Back in the mid-90's I met the (then) second-highest money winner on Jeopardy ever, Bob Verini. He made the finals of the master tournament of champions in 2002. Bob is one of the nicest, unassuming guys I've ever met. He's brilliant, but even when he's displaying his brilliance in front of you, it doesn't make you cringe, it makes you aspire to equal brilliance.

During it's run I once stumbled across an episode of Win Ben Stein's Money in which Bob was a contestant. Bob made it to the Best of Ten Test of Knowledge (of course) but did not win. That was the day I realized how truly, astoundingly intelligent Ben Stein is.

I bet if they resurrected that show and brought KenJen on he wouldn't even register against Ben's intelligence. Better yet, invite Ben to be a contestant on the show for just one episode, and show KenJen what true intelligence is.

Whatever you do, just make him go away. (KenJen, not Ben).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home