Sunday, September 19, 2004

I'm getting old

James Spader just accepted an Emmy award for best actor in a drama series. Among other he thanked his children. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe James Spader was the one in The Sure Thing who offered John Cusack promises of "No Questions Asked, No Strings Attached, No Guilt Involved, A SURE THING." If that wasn't him, he at least played a similar role at some point in his past.

The guys who played the party all night parts in the teen movies of my youth have grown up and gone on to lead responsible lives. This is just not right. They're still supposed to be out there partying and living the wild life. My teens and twenties are past me, and I'm thankful for that, but I at least want to be able to go watch those movies of my youth and PRETEND that they are still living the wild life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

The buddy in California in "The Sure Thing" was Anthony Edwards. (Who, as we all know, goes on to get killed when Tom Cruise blows him out of the jet in "Top Gun" and then miraculously recovers only to die of cancer on "ER".)

I don't doubt for a second that there is a James Spader movie like the one you mention. Maybe "Pretty in Pink"?

7:15 AM  
Blogger Swankette said...

Yes, James Spader was BLAINE in Pretty in Pink. The guy named after the appliance, so the argument still stands.

And don't get me started on former teen actors appearing on ER, because Anthony Edwards is one thing, but when you've got Long Duck Dong as a nurse, and one of the guys from Fame as the prick Doctor Romano, all they need is Danny Bonaduce as chief of staff and they'll have themselves one hell of a hospital!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home