Friday, November 26, 2004

All Swankette Wants for Christmas

The whole Christmas gift issue is a tough one this year. Generally I ask my parents for some sort of home electronics and/or kitchen equipment that they graciously purchase for me. Everyone else is on their own.

This year there are more gift-givers for me (now taking part in Sweetie's sibling gift exchange), and with the current combination of households and impending wedding gift registry we're well stocked in the home electronics department, and I need to combine all of our kitchen stuff before I have any idea of what I want/need/have space for.

Plus, I really don't want a lot of STUFF. I already can't imagine how all of my stuff will combine with all of his stuff to occupy the condo, so now is not the time to add more stuff to the mix. However, in the interest of improving the economy, I shall now assemble a Christmas wish list of sorts that I can refer gift-givers to. Being online, it is easily editable, and if a stranger wanted to buy me something off the list, I won't complain, either. This list is subject to change throughout the season, but I promise only to add things, not to take things off. So if you've already bought me a gift no worries that I won't want it anymore.
  1. A new car stereo. My car stereo died today. I suppose I could take it in and get it fixed, but that seems more trouble than it's probably worth. I drive a 2001 Subaru Forester, so the stereo should fit my car. And ideally it would have both a tape deck and a CD player.
  2. Good Eats on DVD. I LOVE this show. It's the perfect blend of recipies, humor and science to totally captivate me. So I'd love to have it on DVD to really get down to some cooking.
  3. Check out my amazon.com wishlist. (If there's no link that means it's not active, yet, check back later). Note: I've selected items of this list based on Amazon's recommendation wizard. Feel free to stray from the list, but use it for inspiration.
  4. Spa stuff (Massage, manicure, pedicure, facials etc.) are always appreciated, especially as I strive to beautify myself for the big celebration next summer.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home