Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Farewell, my friend

I had to say goodbye to a good friend today. I met this friend in high school. We've had a sporadic relationship over the years, but whenever we met up we had a pleasant time together. My mom would joke when we got together, as ours was a very predictable relationship. Your personality became a bit more colorful over the years, but essentially you were the same as when we first met. I admit there were things about your personality I didn't exactly care for, but they were easy areas to avoid in our interactions. I don't think you ever held that against me.

But last night that all changed. We got together once again. About 1/3 of the way into our expected visit you let me know that it was time to call it a day. I persisted for a bit longer, as I was afraid that later that night I'd regret the short visit. So perhaps I did push it a bit. However, that is no need for you to come back and bug me for the rest of the night. To keep me awake until 1:30 am, insisting I pay attention to you. To continue to wake me up through the night, reminding me you were there. To continue to be there this morning. Eventually I did have to kick you out. It had just been enough.

So I'm sorry, Red Robin Macho Nachos, but no more. Now that leaves me more time to spend with the Chicken Tender Salad. I would have liked to have continued our relationship, but you obviously wanted something different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home