Saturday, November 27, 2004

Time to Polish the Silver

I've been consumed with packing the last couple of days. I was supposed to be moving this weekend, and should be unpacking boxes in the condo right this very second, but decided to postpone a week because the head cold from hell put me way behind schedule on packing.

Sweetie offered to pack, but I am insisting on doing it all on my own. Two reasons for this:
  1. Last time Sweetie helped me pack a piece of Corningware randomly exploded in his hand and we had to take him to the emergency room for 6 stitches. I just can't deal with that sort of drama right now, so better not to chance it.
  2. More importantly: Stuff is going into boxes as MY stuff, and will come out of the boxes as OUR stuff. This makes packing a horribly sentimental job, so I must pack every item to get full emotional effect.

The good sides of the move are twofold:

  1. I'm purging the hell out of my stuff. Tchotchkes, never-used kitchenware, and crap I have that no one needs (I'd been hauling around something like 2,000 envelopes, and I can't remember that last time I needed an envelope that didn't come with a card or a bill attached) -- so Goodwill is definitely benefiting from this whole cohabiting thing.
  2. I've got silverware that DESPERATELY needs to be polished. I often forget about the silver until I use it or until I move. And given that I don't often use butter dishes or salt and pepper shakers, using silver ones happens even less frequently.

I'm excited about sharing a living space with Sweetie 100%. Can't go back to my place in a week. This really is all happening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home